In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!
On Day Eighteen of SciFi Mafia’s 21 Days of Christmas Loot, take the Green Lantern oath and get your hands on these selections of Green Lantern loot- “First Flight” DVD & BluRay, Green Lantern Maquette, and books “No Fear” and “Rebirth”.
Here’s the official descriptions of these picks of Green Lantern fandom:
Green Lantern: First Flight is an animated and lively origin story about the transformation of test pilot Hal Jordan into a member of an intergalactic society watching over the universe. Flying an experimental jet one day, Jordan (voiced by Law and Order: Special Victims Unit‘s Christopher Meloni) encounters a dying alien who is a Green Lantern protector of Earth’s sector of the cosmos. The alien’s ring, a repository of enormous power granted by a council of elders called the Guardians, zips onto Jordan’s finger, but neither the Guardians nor other Green Lanterns are ready to accept him as an unproven member. Complicating things for Jordan is the fact that the Green Lantern tasked with mentoring him, Sinestro (Victor Garber), is plotting the destruction of the Guardians with the acquisition of “yellow power,” the only force that makes the Lanterns’ green power useless.
Jordan’s resilience and willingness to throw himself in harm’s way for the good of everyone gain respect, but his inevitable showdown with Sinestro is an epic fight. This PG-13 feature is a bit bloody, and there are a few swear words, but most of the violence arises from that familiar, shape-shifting light emanating from Jordan’s ring. Happily, there is some of the old DC Comics wit in the way his Green Lantern ring shapes its beam into such imaginative weapons as a golf club and a flyswatter. A second DVD packed with special features includes background on Sinestro, a Justice League short, a featurette on the making of Green Lantern: First Flight, and, best of all, “Duck Dodgers: The Green Loontern.” –Tom Keogh
- Actors: Christopher Meloni, Victor Garber, Tricia Helfer, Michael Madsen, John Larroquette
- Directors: Lauren Montgomery
- Writers: Alan Burnett
- Producers: Alan Burnett, Bobbie Page, Bruce W. Timm, Linda Steiner, Sam Register
- Format: Animated, Color, Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC
- Language: English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Subtitles: English, French
- Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
- Number of discs: 2
- Rating: PG-13 (Parental Guidance Suggested)
- Studio: Warner
- DVD Release Date: July 28, 2009
- Run Time: 77 minutes
- Exclusive sneak peek at DC Universe’s upcoming Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
- Behind the scenes of Blackest Night, the epic DC Comics superhero event
- Explore three other DC Universe animated movies
- Behind the Story with Geoff Johns: the writer discusses the mythology of the Green Lantern
- Duck Dodgers series episode “The Green Loontern”
- Green Lantern Corps character profiles of Sinestro and the Guardians of the Universe
- Bruce Timm presents two bonus cartoons
Here is the trailer for “Green Lantern: First Flight”:
Buy “Green Lantern: First Flight” on DVD here for $19.49 (on sale from original price of $24.98).
Buy “Green Lantern: First Flight” on BluRay here for $19.99 (on sale from original price of $29.99).
Sculpted by Karen Palinko. When pilot Hal Jordan accepts a mysterious, powerful ring from a dying alien creature, it transforms him into a Green Lantern, one of an elite force of heroes who patrol the universe to ensure peace and justice under the leadership of the Guardians of the Universe. Unsure of their newest recruit, the Guardians assign Hal to their most-honored Green Lantern Sinestro for training, unaware that Sinestro wants to overthrow the Guardians and create a new order he’ll control. It’s a battle of might and will power as Hal must prove his worth by defeating Sinestro to save the Green Lantern Corps. Voiced by a stellar cast including Christopher Meloni, Victor Garber, Tricia Helfer and Michael Madsen, this DC Universe original animated adventure bursts with action-packed shakedowns, showdowns and spectacular visuals as Green Lantern uses his powers and imagination to make the impossible real! This hand-painted cold-cast porcelain maquette of Green Lantern is based on art from the highly anticipated Warner Home Video made-for-DVD animated original movie, Green Lantern: First Flight! Measuring approximately 9″ tall x 4.25″ wide x 4.75″ deep (including the base), the maquette includes a 4-color Certificate of Authenticity and is packaged in a 4-color box. Limited edition of 4000!
- Green Lantern is one of DC Comics’ most recognized characters
- Design based on the animation designs from the Green Lantern: First Flight animated film
- Sculpted by Karen Palinko
- Statue stands approximately 9″ tall
- Limited edition of 4,000 pieces, each with a Certificate of Authenticity
- Product Dimensions: 4.8 x 4.2 x 9 inches ; 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- ASIN: B00283BSWG
- Item model number: MAY090278
- Manufacturer recommended age: 14 years and up
Buy the “Green Lantern: First Flight” Maquette here for $39.30 (on sale from original price of $89.99)
Green Lantern Hal Jordan has returned from the dead — but not everyone is happy to see him back on the job as Earth’s protector.
As he re-establishes his life as a test pilot for the Air Force and reconnects with his super-hero comrades-in-arms, Green Lantern faces renewed threats from his rogues gallery of foes, including Hector Hammond, the Shark, Black Hand and the Manhunters.
This volume also includes a beautifully illustrated tale with art by Eisner Award winner Darwyn Cooke (DC: THE NEW FRONTIER), revealing the first time Hal’s father took him flying as a child.
- Reading level: Young Adult
- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: DC Comics (May 20, 2008)
Buy “Green Lantern (Book 1): No Fear” in Paperback here for $9.35 (on sale from original price of $12.99).
The sold out 6-issue miniseries event of 2004-2005 — written by Geoff Johns (THE FLASH, TEEN TITANS) with art by Ethan Van Sciver and Prentis Rollins — is collected for the first time, complete with the preview story from Wizard Magazine! Hal Jordan was considered the greatest Green Lantern of them all. But Jordan lost control, allowed himself to be corrupted and transformed into the villainous Parallax. Later, Jordan reappeared and made the ultimate sacrifice — a sacrifice that allowed him to become the Spectre, the Wrath of God.
After several years of activity on Earth, The Spectre became restless and sought a way to prove himself worthy of that noble reputation. See how a man born without fear and seeking to rebuild his life, puts cosmic forces into motion that will have repercussions not only on Earth but across the universe.
This volume also features an introduction by best-selling author Brad Meltzer and a new cover by Van Sciver!
- Reading level: Young Adult
- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: DC Comics; Trade Paper edition (March 28, 2007)
Buy “Green Lantern: Rebirth” in paperback here for $10.19 (on sale from original price of $14.99)