Welcome to SciFiMafia.com
We encourage all of our readers to post relevant comments on all of our articles and reviews. Any comments appearing to be spam will be deleted automatically.
Reasons why your comment could be deleted:
- Your comment is abusive toward the author of the article/review
- Your comment is abusive toward another commenter
- Your comment is off-topic
- Your comment uses foul language
- Your comment contains potential spoilers
- You post a purely (and obviously) self-promotionial comment that is not truly relevant to the article or review
We have no problem with readers providing links to their own sites in the URL field of the comment form. Most readers know that they are there, and if you post an intriguing comment about the article/review, leading other readers to want to know more about you, then they can visit your site of their own volition. Alternatively, if you choose to place links within your actual comment, they will likely be treated as spam.
If you have a project you would like to promote and links to said project that you’d like to make available to our readers, use our contact form and ask us… don’t be a tool by spamming our comments.
Please understand that this is not an exhaustive list, and we as owners of this site, reserve the right to edit or delete comments at any time, for any reason we deem appropriate – including our personal amusement.
- SciFiMafia.com Sites and Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. SciFiMafia.com Sites and Services will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13.
- If parents or other concerned adults have any anxieties about SciFiMafia.com Sites or Services, please contact us at administrator [at] scifimafia [dot] com
3. SERVICES & USE RESTRICTIONS
- We are committed to providing our users with access to a rich collection of video content and services, including News, Movie clips and Reviews, at no cost to the user.
- 2.The Sites are only for your personal use. You may not use the Sites or Services for commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful, or harms us or any other person or entity, as determined in our sole discretion.
- 3.In the event that you download software from any SciFiMafia.com Site, the software, including any files, video or other images incorporated in or generated by the download, and any data accompanying such download (collectively, the “Software”) are licensed to you by us and/or third-party licensors for your personal, noncommercial home use only. We do not transfer title to the Software to you. You may own the medium on which the Software resides, but we or our third-party content providers and/or licensors retain full and complete title to the Software and all intellectual property rights therein. You may not redistribute, sell, auction, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-readable form.
- 4.In connection with Submissions, you further agree that you will not: (i) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage SciFiMafia.com or any third party; (ii) post advertisements or solicitations of business, as solely defined by us, (iii) impersonate another person; (iv) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant all of the license rights granted herein; or (v) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate.
5. ENDORSEMENT, INFRINGEMENT AND REMOVAL OF CONTENT
- 1.We do not endorse any Site content, including Submissions, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and SciFiMafia.com expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Submissions and or third party opinions. Furthermore, you understand that when using the Sites, you will be exposed to Submissions and other content from a variety of sources, and that SciFiMafia.com is not responsible for the accuracy, appropriateness, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Submissions and content that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against SciFiMafia.com with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold SciFiMafia.com, its owner/operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Sites and Services.
- 3.If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Sites, Services, Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”) by providing our privacy officer, through our business mailing address below, with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- (i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- (ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- (iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- (iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- (v) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- (vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- (vii) We reserve the right to accept or reject copyright claims via email or other electronic means, or to demand that the alleged infringement claim be presented to us via U.S. Mail, so that we may positively confirm the identity of whomever is claiming to be a representative of the legal copyright holder.
6. CONTENT LINKED TO THIRD PARTIES
7. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
- When you visit the Sites and register or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. By doing so you consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
8. LEGAL AND POLICY RESTRICTIONS
- 1.You will not submit, post, upload, distribute, or otherwise make av available or transmit any software or other computer files that contain a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise impair or damage Sites, Services or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person or entity’s use or enjoyment of the Sites and/or Services;
- 2.You will not engage in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including “flaming,” “spamming,” “flooding,” “trolling,” and “griefing”as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet;
- 3. Any Non-Human Visitors to the Web site shall be considered agents of the individual(s) who controls, authors or otherwise makes use of them. The access rights granted to you under the Terms of Service are non-transferable without the express written permission of the owner of the Web site.
- Special restrictions on a visitor’s license to access the Web site apply to Non-Human Visitors. Non-Human Visitors include, but are not limited to, Web spiders, bots, indexers, robots, crawlers, harvesters, or any other computer programs designed to access, read, compile or gather any and all content from the Web site automatically.
- Email addresses on this site are considered proprietary intellectual property. It is recognized that these email addresses and our contact form are provided for human visitors alone. Intentional spamming, collection, harvesting, gathering, and/or storing this Web site’s data or email addresses is recognized as a violation of this agreement and expressly prohibited.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, SciFiMafia.com grants only the operators of public search engines and other crawlers whose services were explicitly initiated by SciFiMafia.com the permission to use their software for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials.
- 4.You will not delete any legal notices, disclaimers or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, or modify any logos that you do not own or have express permission to modify;
- 5.You will not engage in (or attempt to engage in) any criminal activity including, without limitation, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, drug dealing, harassment, theft, and conspiracy to commit any criminal activity.
THE SERVICES, INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON THE SITES OR PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON ANY OF THE SITES OR THROUGH THE SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUBMISSIONS OR OTHER USER-GENERATED CONTENT) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT ANY OF THE SITES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE SUCH INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. MOREOVER, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL ASSOCIATED SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION NECESSARY. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES CONTAINED ON OR OFFERED, MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH, OR OTHERWISE RELATED IN ANY WAY TO ANY OF THE SITES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUBMISSIONS, OTHER USER-GENERATED CONTENT OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITES OR SERVICES LINKED TO OR FROM ANY OF THE SITES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AVAILABILITY, RELIABILITY, SAFETY OR OTHERWISE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR AVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS FOUND ON THE WEBSITES THAT LINK TO OR FROM ANY OF OUR SITES. WE CANNOT ENSURE THAT YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT YOU PURCHASE FROM A THIRD PARTY WEBSITE THAT LINKS TO OR FROM ANY OF OUR SITES OR THIRD PARTY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OUR SITES OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUBMISSIONS OR OTHER USER-GENERATED CONTENT CONTAINED). WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANY OF THE CONTENT, NOR HAVE WE TAKEN ANY STEPS TO CONFIRM THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF, ANY OF THE INFORMATION,CONTENT OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR IN ANY SUBMISSION. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS, (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CREDIT CARD AND OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION) YOU MIGHT BE REQUESTED TO GIVE TO ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY CLAIM AGAINST US WITH RESPECT TO (A) INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OUR SITES OR PROVIDED THROUGH OUR SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUBMISSIONS OR OTHER USER-GENERATED CONTENT),(B)THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR OFFERS PLACED THROUGH THE SITES IN RESPECT TO ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS YOU PROVIDE TO SUCH THIRD PARTIES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CREDIT CARD AND OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION).
- Should a username or password be necessary for any Services in the future you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username(s),password(s),and your account(s),as well as all activities that occur under your account(s).
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) AND PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, THAT RESULT FROM (A) THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE ANY SERVICES, SITES OR ANY CONTENT,MATERIALS OR FUNCTIONS OFFERED THROUGH ANY SUCH SITES OR SERVICES, OR (B) THE CONDUCT OR ACTIONS, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE SITES OR SERVICES OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SPECIFIED DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, OR $100 (WHICHEVER IS LESS) FOR ACCESSING OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITY RELATED TO ANY OF OUR SITES OR SERVICES.
- You further acknowledge and agree that neither we, our content providers, licensors, licensees, nor any of the foregoing entities’ respective resellers, distributors, service providers or suppliers are responsible or liable for (a) any incompatibility between the Sites or Services and any other website, browser, service, software or hardware or (b) any delays or failures you may experience with any transmissions or transactions relating to the Sites or Services in an accurate or timely manner.
17. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- By using the Sites and/or Services you agree that:
- 1.You will not (a) advertise or sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit),or solicit others (including, without limitation, solicitations for contributions or donations) or use any Submissions for commercial purposes of any kind;
- 2.Under no circumstances shall we, our content providers, licensors, licensees, or any of the foregoing entities’ respective resellers, distributors, service providers and suppliers be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from an act of “Force Majeure” or causes beyond our or their reasonable control.
- 3.To the extent that any Submissions submitted and/or posted by you contain original creative works or recordings, you hereby represent that you are a member of ASCAP, BMI, SESAC or any other applicable performing rights society and that all compositions contained in such Submissions are available for licensing to us directly from such societies. Not withstanding the foregoing, regardless of whether you area member of any performing rights society, you hereby grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive and irrevocable license to use any material contained in such Submissions;
- 5.This Agreement shall be constructed and controlled by the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any dispute arising hereunder will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida. You agree to personal jurisdiction by the state and federal courts of the State of Florida.
- 9.YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY SITES OR SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES; OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- 10.Please review our other policies . They also govern your visit to the Sites and use of the Services.
18. QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
SciFi Mafia® is a Registered Trademark
Effective Date: April 2, 2009