In June, we brought you a truly awesome trailer for Walt Disney Animation’s Wreck-It Ralph kickin’ it old skool with an arcade game premise where the title character, voiced by John C. Reilly, wants to be a good guy for once.
Director Rich Moore (Futurama, The Simpsons) declared at San Diego Comic-Con that Alan Tudyk (Serenity, Dollhouse) would be lending his voice to King Candy, “the leader of the land of Sugar Rush.”
According to EW, Disney has also added a list of casting announcements that include:
- Mindy Kaling, aka Kelly from The Office, will voice Taffyta Muttonfudge, “one of the mean-girls from Sugar Rush.
- Ed O’Neill (Modern Family, Married with Children) will play a non-video game character, the owner of Litwak’s Family Fun Center & Arcade’s owner.
- Dennis Haysbert aka President David Palmer of 24 and voice of Allstate Insurance to voice General Hologram of a game called Hero’s Duty.
- Comedians Adam Carolla and Horatio Sanz will play a pair of security guards in the Sugar Rush game.
- Edie McClurg and Rachael Harris have been cast as “two Nicelanders of the Fix-It Felix, Jr. game.”
- Stefanie Scott of the Disney Channel’s A.N.T. Farm will play a gamer girl that spends her time at the arcade.
- Roger Craig Smith (Assassin’s Creed) will reprise his role as Sonic the Hedgehog.
- And original Street Fighter alumni Gerald C. Rivers, Reuben Langdon, and Kyle Hebert will reprise their roles as M. Bison, Ken Masters, and Ryu respectively.
Wreck-It Ralph is slated to hit theaters November 2, 2012.