Because we understand fandom, because we are fans, we are bringing you this 15 second teaser trailer and poster for Game of Thrones Season 3. Because we know you want it. We are only sorry that we don’t yet have more to offer. Don’t despair that it isn’t longer; rejoice that there is anything at all. Then replay the teaser over and over and over again.
Everybody have the theme song running through your heads now? Only four more months! BUT only three more months until the Season 2 Blu-ray release! EW has reported that the DVD, Blu-ray, and digital download of Season 2 will be available on February 19, three months from today. Here are the details:
- Creating the Battle of Blackwater Bay – See how the epic Battle of Blackwater Bay was brought to life in this exclusive, in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the climatic episode. The 30 minute feature showcases never-before-seen interviews with cast and crew.
- Game of Thrones: Inner Circle – Actors Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Michelle Fairley and Liam Cunningham talk in detail about their experiences shooting season two in this roundtable discussion moderated by executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.
- The Religions of Westeros – Hear author George R.R. Martin, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss discuss the competing religions in the series and how they influence the various characters in Westeros and beyond.
- Character Profiles – Profiles of seven major characters as described by the actors portraying them including Renly Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Robb Stark, Theon Greyjoy and more.
- Audio Commentaries – 12 commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington and more.
Blu-ray with HBO Select – includes all DVD features plus:
- War of the Five Kings – Track the claims, strategies and key players involved in the battle for the Iron Throne with this interactive guide that follows the movements of various armies detailing their victories and defeats.
- Histories & Lore – 19 animated histories detailing the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves and featuring, in-part, illustrations from Game of Thronesstoryboard artist Will Simpson.
- In-Episode Guide – In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations and relevant histories.
- Hidden Dragon Eggs – Find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content.
The price: Blu-ray with HBO Select ($79.98) and DVD ($59.99) for a five-disc set.
Based on the best-selling book series by George R.R. Martin, Game of Thrones is an epic drama set in the grounded fantasy continent of Westeros, where ambitious men and women of both honor and ill-repute live in a land where summers and winters can last years. Season 2 plays out against the backdrop of a fast-approaching winter – the season of the white raven. In King’s Landing, the coveted Iron Throne is occupied by cruel young Joffrey, counseled by his conniving mother Cersei and uncle Tyrion, who has been appointed Hand of the King. But the Lannister hold on the Throne is under assault on many fronts. There’s Robb Stark, son of the slain Lord of Winterfell, Ned Stark, who seeks autonomy in the North and has taken Cersei’s brother Jaime prisoner in battle; Daenerys Targaryen, who looks to shore up her depleted power in the east through three newborn dragons; Stannis Baratheon, eldest brother of the late King Robert, who rejects Joffrey’s legitimacy and aligns with a powerful priestess to raise a naval attack; and Stannis’ brother Renly, who has maintained his own claim since fleeing King’s Landing. In the meantime, a new leader is rising among the wildlings North of the Wall, adding new perils for Jon Snow and the order of the Night’s Watch. With tensions and treaties, animosity and alliances, Season 2 of Game of Thrones is a thrilling journey through a riveting, unforgettable fictional landscape.
Note on Boxed Sets: During shipping, discs in boxed sets occasionally become dislodged without damage. Please examine and play these discs. If you are not completely satisfied, we'll refund or replace your purchase.
Note on Subtitles:
DVD Subtitles - English, French, Latin Spanish, Brazilian Portugese, Complex Chinese, Korean, and Thai.
Blu-ray Subtitles - English SDH, French, Latin Spanish, Castilian Spanish, Brazilian Portugese, Polish, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish.
But wait, there’s more! If you purchase the Season 1 Collectors Edition box set on Blu-ray or DVD – which will be available starting tomorrow – you can actually watch the second season premiere, because the collector’s edition will includes a bonus disc that contains the first episode of the second season. And because every GoT fan needs one, the the set also includes a dragon egg paperweight.
This limited edition set offers Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy versions of the first season of the series and more. The collector’s box set is adorned with the sigils of the four main houses and comes with a premium dragon egg paperweight, a Blu-ray bonus disc of first episode of season two as well as all of the bonus materials and interactive features from the original DVD and Blu-ray releases.
Summers span decades. Winters can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne has begun. It will stretch from the south, where heat breeds plots, lusts and intrigues; to the vast and savage eastern lands; and all the way to the frozen north, where an 800-foot wall of ice protects the kingdom from the dark forces that lie beyond. Kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars, lords, and honest men...all will play the Game of Thrones.
And finally, to give you something to add to your wish list, check out this featurette on HBO‘s hardcover art book from the show:
Click here for the link to order.
Game of Thrones Season 3 premieres – when was that again? – March 31, 2013 on HBO.