Because we understand fandom, because we are fans, we are bringing you this 15 second teaser trailer and poster for Game of Thrones Season 3. Because we know you want it. We are only sorry that we don’t yet have more to offer. Don’t despair that it isn’t longer; rejoice that there is anything at all. Then replay the teaser over and over and over again.
Everybody have the theme song running through your heads now? Only four more months! BUT only three more months until the Season 2 Blu-ray release! EW has reported that the DVD, Blu-ray, and digital download of Season 2 will be available on February 19, three months from today. Here are the details:
- Creating the Battle of Blackwater Bay – See how the epic Battle of Blackwater Bay was brought to life in this exclusive, in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the climatic episode. The 30 minute feature showcases never-before-seen interviews with cast and crew.
- Game of Thrones: Inner Circle – Actors Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Michelle Fairley and Liam Cunningham talk in detail about their experiences shooting season two in this roundtable discussion moderated by executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.
- The Religions of Westeros – Hear author George R.R. Martin, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss discuss the competing religions in the series and how they influence the various characters in Westeros and beyond.
- Character Profiles – Profiles of seven major characters as described by the actors portraying them including Renly Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Robb Stark, Theon Greyjoy and more.
- Audio Commentaries – 12 commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington and more.
Blu-ray with HBO Select – includes all DVD features plus:
- War of the Five Kings – Track the claims, strategies and key players involved in the battle for the Iron Throne with this interactive guide that follows the movements of various armies detailing their victories and defeats.
- Histories & Lore – 19 animated histories detailing the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves and featuring, in-part, illustrations from Game of Thronesstoryboard artist Will Simpson.
- In-Episode Guide – In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations and relevant histories.
- Hidden Dragon Eggs – Find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content.
The price: Blu-ray with HBO Select ($79.98) and DVD ($59.99) for a five-disc set.
But wait, there’s more! If you purchase the Season 1 Collectors Edition box set on Blu-ray or DVD – which will be available starting tomorrow – you can actually watch the second season premiere, because the collector’s edition will includes a bonus disc that contains the first episode of the second season. And because every GoT fan needs one, the the set also includes a dragon egg paperweight.
And finally, to give you something to add to your wish list, check out this featurette on HBO‘s hardcover art book from the show:
Click here for the link to order.
Game of Thrones Season 3 premieres – when was that again? – March 31, 2013 on HBO.